Sindh Phase - II Major Irrigation Project JI00993
|1||Irrigation Project Name||Sindh Phase - II Major Irrigation Project|
|2||Irrigation Project Name Alias|
|5||Engineering Type||Diversion, Storage|
|14||Work Started in 5 Year Plan||APAndhra Pradesh (1978-80)|
|15||Completed in 5 Year Plan|
|16||Project Approval Status||Planning Commission|
|17||Year of Approval by Planning Commission||1998|
|18||Approved Cost (Rs. in cr)||510.94|
|19||Actual Cost (Rs. in cr)|
|20||Culturable Command Area (CCA) (th ha)||98.25|
|21||Ultimate Irrigation Potential (UIP) (th ha)||162|
|22||Potential Created (PC) (th ha)|
|23||Project Covered under ERM Scheme||No|
|24||Project Covered under CADA Scheme||No|
|25||Project Covered under AIBP Scheme||Yes|
|27||Project Covered under Tribal Sub-Plan||No|
|28||Project Covered under Drought Prone Area Programme (DPAP)||Yes|
|2||Madikheda (Mohini Sagar ) Dam||Dam|
|3||Mohini Pickup Weir||Dam|
|4||Samoha Weir||Barrage/ Weir/ Anicut (BWA)|
|5||Ukalia Anicut||Barrage/ Weir/ Anicut (BWA)|
The project situated in Shivpuri district of Madhya Pradesh across river Sindh, is a multipurpose project which envisages construction of following components:
- Madikheda Dam (Mohini Sagar dam). 1072 meter long composite masonry cum earthen dam across river Sindh with Gross storage of 901.80 Mcum and live storage capacity of 834.83 Mcum. 218.50 long gated ogee type spillway with capacity of 14026.40 cumec. Spillway gates 23 numbers of size 12.497X9.85 meter.
- Modernisation of Mohini Pick up Weir including installation of gates. 2number of gates of size 4.87x9.85 meter on the creast of existing Mohini pickup weir to impound additional storage of 89.20 Mcum.
- Right bank high-level Ukaila canal.
- Right bank canal up to Mahuar River.
- Samoha Pickup Weir & R.B.C beyond Mahuar River.
- Extension of left bank Doab canal.
- Harsi high-level canal.
- Powerhouse with installed capacity of 60 MW at Madikheda Dam.
Sindh Phase - II project was originally framed for an estimated cost of Rs. 185.00 crore (1978) to irrigate an area of 1,62,100 ha (CCA = 98,251 ha with 165% intensity of irrigation). The project with the cost of Rs 510.94 crore (1991-92 price level) (excluding power component) received Investment clearance of Planning Commission vide their letter No: 2(14) 93-ICAD/GoI dated 17.03.1998. The revised estimated cost of the project for Rs 2945.74 crore (2009 price level) received investment clearance of Planning Commission in the year 2010. The project will provide irrigation in districts of Shivpuri, Bhind, Gwalior and datia.
The project was started in the year 1978 and the project was brought under AIBP during 1998-99. The Mohini dam is completed in the year 2008. So far upto March 2011 potential of 77254 hectare is created. Total Expenditure on the project upto march 2012 so far is Rs 1355.769 crore.