Mohamod Wadi Medium Irrigation Project JI00581
|1||Irrigation Project Name||Mohamod Wadi Medium Irrigation Project|
|2||Irrigation Project Name Alias|
|9||Basin||West flowing rivers from Tapi to Tadri|
|14||Work Started in 5 Year Plan||VIII-Plan|
|15||Completed in 5 Year Plan|
|16||Project Approval Status||Planning Commission|
|17||Year of Approval by Planning Commission||1989|
|18||Approved Cost (Rs. in cr)||32.47|
|19||Actual Cost (Rs. in cr)|
|20||Culturable Command Area (CCA) (th ha)||8.08|
|21||Ultimate Irrigation Potential (UIP) (th ha)||12.53|
|22||Potential Created (PC) (th ha)|
|23||Project Covered under ERM Scheme||No|
|24||Project Covered under CADA Scheme||No|
|25||Project Covered under AIBP Scheme||No|
|27||Project Covered under Tribal Sub-Plan|
|28||Project Covered under Drought Prone Area Programme (DPAP)|
Project in Brief
The Nardave (Mahamadwadi) Medium Irrigation Project is situated in the Gad Basin in Maharashtra. This project envisages construction of the following components.
- 1744 m long earth dam with the maximum height of 66.43 m across river Gad near village Nardave in Kankavli Taluka of Sindhudurg district.
- 46 m long ogee-shaped spillway on the right flank having 3 radial gates each of size 12 m x 5 m to pass flood discharge of 1504 m3/s.
- Irrigation-cum-Power Outlet (ICPO) on left flank at RD 70 m with discharging capacity of 7.66 m3/s to release water in the river from the reservoir.
- A powerhouse with the installed capacity of 3 MW to generate electricity,
- A series of 16 KT weirs d/s of the dam along the Gad river through which water would be lifted to provide an annual irrigation to 8084 ha in Kankavli, Kudal and Malvan talukas of Sindhudurg district.
The ultimate irrigation potential of the project is 12530 ha (ICA-8084 ha), out of which 8046 ha (ICA-5191 ha) lies in Kankavli taluka benefiting 30 villages, 1409 ha (ICA-909 ha) lies in Kudal taluka benefiting 8 villages, and 3075 ha (ICA-1984 ha) in Malvan taluka benefiting 10 villages. CCA of the project is 8084 hectare.
No Canal Network and CAD works are proposed under the project. A provision to the tune of 10.605 Mm3 of water for domestic use and 5.958 Mm3 of water for industrial use is made in the project.
As the Nardave (Mahmadwadi) Medium Irrigation Project does not involve inter-state aspects, this project has been approved by the Govt. of Maharashtra in July 2007 for an estimated cost of Rs 446.70769 crore at 2005-06 price level.
The project was included in AIBP during 2009-10. At the time of inclusion of the project under AIBP, 41% works of earth dam, 40% works of ICPO and 50% works of K. T. Weirs were completed. About 248 ha (ICA-160 ha) of irrigation potential was created till 03/2009. The balance works of the earth dam, spillway, ICPO and K.T. Weirs for creation of the balance irrigation potential of 12282 ha (ICA- 7924 ha) have been included in AIBP. So far 387 hectare potential is created.