Kukadi Major Irrigation Project JI00460
|1||Irrigation Project Name||Kukadi Major Irrigation Project|
|2||Purpose of Project||Irrigation|
|3||Type of Project||Major|
|4||Engineering Type of Project||Storage|
|7||Districts Benefitted||Pune, Ahmednagar and Solapur|
|11||Project Sharing (International/Interstate/Both)||None|
|14||Year of Start of Work||1969|
|15||Work Started in 5 Year Plan||APAndhra Pradesh (1966-69)|
|16||Year of Completion of Work||2009|
|17||Work Completed in 5 Year Plan||XI|
|18||Project Approval Status||PC|
|19||Year of Approval by Planning Commission||1968|
|20||Approved Cost (Rs. Crore)||31.18|
|21||Actual Cost(Rs Crore)||-|
|22||Culturable Command Area (CCA) (Th ha)||224.669|
|23||Ultimate Irrigation Potential (Th ha)||156.278|
|24||Potential Created(Th ha)||-|
|25||Project Covered under ERM Scheme||No|
|26||Project Covered under CADA Scheme||Yes|
|27||Project Covered under AIBP Scheme||Yes|
|29||Project Covered under Tribal Sub-plan||Yes|
|29||Project cover under DPAP||Yes|
|2||Dimbhe Power House||Powerhouse|
|4||Manikdoh Power House||Powerhouse|
|5||Pimpalgaon Joge Dam||DAM|
|7||Weir kukdi||Barrage / Weir / Anicut|
The project is an integrated project comprising of five dams (viz. Yedgaon, Manikdoh, Dimbhe, Wadaj and Pimpalgaon Joge Dam) on tributaries of river Bhima in Krishna river basin along with canal system. The project on completion will provide irrigation to an area of 1, 56,278 ha of land in Pune, Ahmednagar and Solapur districts of Maharashtra. In addition, there are two powerhouses one at Dimbhe Dam and other at Manikdoh having installed capacity of 5 MW and 6 MW respectively. The powerhouses are commissioned on 11/97 and 11/98 respectively.
Planning Commission approved the project with an estimated cost of Rs. 17.90 crore in October 1968. The latest estimated cost of the project (SOR 1999-2000) is Rs. 1430.78 crores (excluding CADA works) and expenditure till 3/2007 is Rs. 1363.20 crores (excluding CADA works). The project was started during the year 1969 and completed by 2008-09.
The components in details is as under:
1. The Yedgaon dam is on river Kukadi near village Yedgaon in Junnar Taluka, District Pune, Maharashtra to impound 93.436 Mcum of water.
2. The Manikdoh dam is on river Kukadi near village Manikdoh in Junnar Taluka District Pune, Maharashtra to impound 307.91 M cum of water.
3. The Dimbhe dam is on river Ghod near village Dimbhe in Ambegaon Taluka ,District Pune , Maharashtra to impound 382.06 Mcum of water.
4. The Wadaj dam is an earthen dam on river Meena near village Wadaj in Junnar Taluka,District Pune, Maharashtra to impound 35.94 Mcum of water.
5. The Pimpalgaon Joge dam is an earthen dam on river Ar near village Pimpalgaon Joge in Junnar Taluka, District Pune,Maharashtra to impound 217.91 Mcum. of water.
In addition, two power houses of capacities 6-MW and 5-MW are installed and commissioned at the toe of Manikdoh Dam and Dimbhe dam respectively.
All above dams and power houses are completed
6. Kukadi Left Bank Canal (KLBC) is taking off from Yedgaon dam. It is fully lined along with its branches (Chilewadi and Pondewadi) and extension into Sina Valley will cater to an irrigable area of 67,355 ha. with 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential is 72,070 ha. Water has recently been released at full capacity up to 249 km.
7. Dimbhe Left Bank Canal (DLBC) is taking off from Dimbhe dam. It is fully lined and will create the irrigable area of 2631ha with 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential is 2815 ha.
8. Dimbhe Right Bank Canal (DRBC) is taking off from DLBC at chainage km 2.75 and runs for 116 km and is to be lined up to 102 km. It will create an irrigable area of 14549 ha with 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential of this canal is 15568 ha. Canal works from km. 1 to 99 are almost completed except lining from Km. No. 5, Km 100 to 116 are in progress. Recently, the water released into the canal up to 80 km.
9. Ghod Branch Canal is taking off from DLBC at chainage km 41.6 is 13 km long having 2.50 cumecs full supply discharge at head. It is fully lined and will create an irrigable area of4330 ha with 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential is 4633 ha.
10. Meena Branch Canal is taking off from DLBC at chainage km 52.890. It is fully lined and will create an irrigable area of 15014 ha. with 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential is 16065 ha.
11. Meena feeder Canal is taking off from Wadaj dam. It is fully lined and will cater to an irrigable area of 3565 ha With 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential is 3815 ha. Meena feeder canal ends up into DLBC at Km 49.
12. Manikdoh Left Bank Canal (MLBC) is taking off from Manikdoh will create an irrigable area of 2265 ha with 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential is 2424 ha
13.Pimpalgaon Joge Left Bank Canal is taking off from Pimpalgaon Joge dam It is to be lined up to 58 km and will irrigate an area of 11510 ha with 107% intensity of irrigation, the potential is 12316 ha.