Gosi Khurd(Indira Sagar) Major Irrigation Project JI00481
|1||Irrigation Project Name||Gosi Khurd (Indira Sagar) Major Irrigation Project|
|2||Irrigation Project Name Alias|
|5||Engineering Type||Lift, Storage|
|14||Work Started in 5 Year Plan||VI-Plan|
|15||Completed in 5 Year Plan|
|16||Project Approval Status||Planning Commission|
|17||Year of Approval by Planning Commission||1995|
|18||Approved Cost (Rs. in cr)||461.19|
|19||Actual Cost (Rs. in cr)|
|20||Culturable Command Area (CCA) (th ha)||199.2|
|21||Ultimate Irrigation Potential (UIP) (th ha)||250.79|
|22||Potential Created (PC) (th ha)|
|23||Project Covered under ERM Scheme||No|
|24||Project Covered under CADA Scheme||No|
|25||Project Covered under AIBP Scheme||Yes|
|27||Project Covered under Tribal Sub-Plan||Yes|
|28||Project Covered under Drought Prone Area Programme (DPAP)||Yes|
|1||Akot Lift Station||Lift|
|2||Ambhora Lift Station Stage - II||Lift|
|3||Ambhora Lift Station Stage - I||Lift|
|6||Mokharbardi Lift Station||Lift|
|7||Nerla Lift Station||Lift|
|9||Tekepar Lift Station||Lift|
Gosikhurd Major Irrigation Project is being constructed in the Godavari Basin in Bhandara district of Maharashtra State. The project envisages construction of the following components.
- 10452.10 m long earth dam with the maximum height of 22.50 m and 903.90 m long concrete dam with central spillway having maximum height of 28.37 m across river Wainganga near village Gosikhurd in Pauni Taluka of Bhandara district.
- The gated ogee-shaped central spillway is 773.90 m long with 65 m long non-overflow blocks on either side. It has 33 radial gates each of size 18.30m x 16.50m to pass design flood of 67,736 m3/s.
- Four Lift Irrigation Schemes (LIS) namely Tekepar, Ambhora, Mokhabardi and Nerla (Paghora) to irrigate 58,422 ha (ICA).
- Two head regulators for two canals constructed at RD 820m on left flank and RD 7875m on right flank.
- 22.93 km long Left Bank Canal (LBC) having 36.93 m3/s head discharge with distribution network to provide irrigation for 30,459 ha (ICA)
- 99 km long Right Bank Canal (RBC) having 113.26 m3/s head discharge with distribution network to irrigate 48,759 ha (ICA). There are 3 branch canals and 2 Canal Lift Irrigation Schemes namely Akot and Gosi.
- Renovation of existing Asolamendha Tank in Chandrapur district to store surplus water of monsoon from the Gosikhurd reservoir to provide irrigation to additional 52,360 ha (ICA).
- Kolhapur Type (K.T.) Weir of 3.77 m height near Ambhora to provide pondage for Tekepar and Ambhora lift Irrigation Schemes till the main reservoir is completed.
The annual irrigation potential of the project is 2,50,800 ha in Bhandara, Chandrapur and Nagpur districts in an Irrigable Command Area (ICA) of 1,90,000 ha. The CCA of the project is 2,00,000 hectare. The project will provide an annual irrigation to an area of 89,856 ha in Bhandara district, 19,481 ha in Nagpur district and 1,41,463 ha in Chandrapur district.
Techno Economic appraisal
The project was accepted by the Technical Advisory Committee (TACTechnical Advisory Committee) in its meeting held on 12.04.1988 for Rs. 461.19 crore at 1981-82 price level which was subsequently approved by the Planning Commission, Govt. of India on November 2, 1995. The updated cost of the project at 2007-08 price level is Rs. 7777.85 crore which has been approved by the Planning Commission, Govt. of India on May 14, 2008 after its acceptance by TAC in its 92nd meeting held on February 27, 2008.
The project is getting funds under AIBP since 1996 and in the year 2009, it was declared as National Project.At the time of inclusion of the project as National Project under AIBP, 19719 ha of irrigation potential was created. The balance potential to be created under AIBP as National Project is 231081 ha. So far the dam is almost completed and Ambhora LIS is completed. the work of canal system is under progress.